Under Merit cum Means (MCM) Scholarship, a UG student gets a minimum ₹1000 per month for 10 months per academic year along with refund of the remaining tuition fee. An M.Sc. student gets a minimum ₹1000 per month for 10 months per academic year. It is available only for the normal duration of the programme. For dual degree programmes, it is available only up to the 4th year. Further, it is awarded up to 25% of the actual strength of the class.
To avail MCM Scholarship, a student is expected to fulfil the following conditions:
- Applicant belongs to General OR General (EWS) OR OBC category.
- Applicant is a student of B.Tech., B.Arch., Integrated Dual Degree (IDD), Integrated Master of Technology (IMT), Integrated Master of Science (IMS), and BS-MS programmes admitted through JEE (Advanced) OR M.Sc. programmes admitted through JAM.
- Gross Income of parents (Father and Mother or Guardian) during the previous financial year is not more than Rs. 5,00,000/-.
- Cumulative Grade Point Average (CGPA) and Yearly Grade Point Average (YGPA) is 7.00 or above (not applicable for fresh students).
- All registered courses have been cleared (not applicable for fresh students).
The student has not been penalized for unfair means/ indiscipline.
The following procedure will be adopted to select the students for MCM scholarship:
SCSP office will invite the application for MCM scholarship from the students.
SCSP will verify the details and documents submitted of each applicant. Defective/incomplete applications will be kept on hold for correction from students’ side within a given duration. SCSP will also verify that the student is not awarded the similar scheme from some other source.
SCSP will notified the list of students eligible to avail MCM scholarship.