Tuition FEE WAIVER Scheme
Under Tuition Fee Waiver Scheme, a student gets his/her tuition fee waived off as per the following criteria.
- Full Tuition Fee Waiver– Given to the most economically backward students having their family income less than ₹ 1,00,000 per annum during previous financial year or current assessment year.
- 2/3 Tuition Fee Waiver– Given to the economically backward students having their family income in the range ₹ 1,00,000 – ₹ 5,00,000 per annum during previous financial year or current assessment year
Tuition Fee Waiver Scheme is available only for the normal duration of the programme. For dual degree programmes, it is available only up to the 4th year.
To avail Tuition Fee Waiver Scheme, a student is expected to fulfil the following conditions:
- Applicant belongs to General OR General (EWS) OR OBC category.
- Applicant is a student of B.Tech., B.Arch., Integrated Dual Degree (IDD), Integrated Master of Technology (IMT), Integrated Master of Science (IMS), and BS-MS programmes admitted through JEE (Advanced)
- Gross Income of parents (Father and Mother or Guardian) during the previous financial year is not more than Rs. 5,00,000/-.
The following procedure will be adopted to select the students for Tuition Fee Waiver scheme:
- SCSP office will invite the application from the students.
- SCSP will verify the details and documents submitted of each applicant. Defective/incomplete applications will be kept on hold for correction from students’ side within a given duration. SCSP will also verify that the student is not awarded the similar scheme from some other source.
- SCSP will notified the list of students eligible to avail Tuition Fee Waiver Scheme. (In case, the list is notified before the last date of fee payment, students have to pay the remining fee (if applicable) otherwise they have to pay the full fee and they will get reimbursement of excess fee).